Finally I finished the Dresden Files Molly carpenter Window
This picture is actually the reason I started making windows Background
Molly is being soulgazed by Harry in a cathedral. He sees her future Options as reflections
in the cathedral windows.
Now I thought of painting the cathedral windows with reflections but that's hard. So I went lurking through gothic windows and so, and thought, why not make a window? Started with the Dark Molly pic but found it hard to make people.
And then I found that tutorial, and thought, let's try and make first easy stuff, like Asoiaf house sigils. And then it went on and on and I didn't continue the Molly pic.
Finally though I thought, I've had enough practice, let's try again. And here it is.In detail explanations
Header: It's the christian symbol for the Carpenter (like Joseph). Catholizism is very significant in Molly's family so that's why it's there.
Five pointed star: Symbol for magic. Present in all of them.
1) Emaciated Molly. Pretty much self explanatory
2) Molly with family. Her magic fades, hence the star has no colour
3) Warden Molly, hence the swords
4) Present Molly. YES this is Chicagos skyline
5) Working Molly. I interpreted it as studying, hence the books and Bob as a spirit of intellect.
6) Dark Molly. The darkest thing you can become is a Fallen Angel, hence the coin in the upper corner. The carpenter sign is darker. And a gargoyle because it's pretty.
Text: The side text is the bookquote of the scene. IN EACH WINDOW you have the text incorporated at the bottom that describes what Harry sees.
I've used A LOT of image references and a stained glass tutorial.
A few details can be seen here [link]